Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The World is a Crazy Place

Lately there have been a lot of crime issues in Valdosta. Last week there was a fight in my apartment parking lot. And about two weeks ago two guys broke into an apartment with a gun and knife (around noon). They sexually assaulted the girl and beat on the two guys that lived there. They burglarized the place, then stole one of the victims cars. They have yet to find the suspects. If I am not already jumpy with all of this stuff going on, James came in tonight and told me that a guy pulled up next to him (as James was walking back from campus) and asked if James had a lighter. James of course didn't and the guy apparently cursed him out and called him some name then drove away slowly. It shook James up a little bit. Actually he has been more nervous about this stuff than I have. All day today he has been a mess. He is now sleeping with a hammer next to his bed (instructed me to do the same) and put a chair up against his back door. I don't know what to do for him. Usually I am the one that is a wreck about this stuff. I remember lying in bed and not getting to sleep some nights until 4 in the morning because I was worrying about break ins. It is a fear I have had all my life and I still do that some nights. And right now I am concerned but James cannot get it together. I think he is just really worried about my safety. He wants to go buy me pepper spray tomorrow. I just hope that everything would cool down around here. It's scary...I just feel helpless.
James even brought up getting a dog. And as much as I would LOVE to get a little pit bull puppy, James and I are just not ready. I said, (knowing we aren't getting a dog right now period) we could get a pit bull!" And James said that his parents would not allow him to get a pit bull as long as they were paying for his bills, which just sent me through the roof! I didn't let James know how mad I was, but I did say well that's just ignorant and James said that is exactly what it is. So at least he agreed! (He knew better!) I just wish people saw how amazing they actually are. It just breaks my heart to hear people talk about this issue and they know nothing about it. I even wrote a paper for my English class last year about the discrimination against pit bulls. It gave my teacher a laugh, but I got an A! This sign is so true:


The love of a dog is one of the best feelings ever. I love the quote from Marley and Me (if you haven't seen it go see it now but bring tissues!)

"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his."
SO TRUE!!!

I LOVE MY PIT BULL!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

sweetlittlelife said...

I'm sorry things are scary. I'm praying for peaceful days for you and James.

I love your pit bull drawing...that is very good!

Leasa said...

Pack you bags, I am coming to get you!

Tresa said...

Lindsay, I'm sorry you are feeling worried. I love ya!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online