Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Good Old Days!

When I think about growing up these are the images that come to my mind....

This was one of the first barbies I remember playing with.

I remember shows like Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, What Would You Do?, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, Ready Or Not, Flash Forward, and The Babysitters Club.

I still love all of these artists!

I just remember loving Hulk Hogan!

Other things that I remember and are nostalgic about:
-Sliced hot dogs and mac and cheese on colored divided plastic plates.
-Sneaking down stairs after being put to bed and sitting next to dad on the floor watching Married...With Children and eating peanuts (never understanding the jokes)
-Every time I eat a gumball I automatically go back to the Christmas that Chad got a gumball machine.
-I can still smell Grandma and Grandpa's camper.
-Summers in Indiana playing in apple trees, playing house with Mal, and playing store in the upstairs at the farm.
-Doing gymnastics in the house( hand stands on the door and one handed cart wheels with a burrito in one hand)

I miss the "magic" of Christmas, and the weird feeling of getting out of school early. (Whenever I would get checked out of school I always thought, "So this is what is going on while I'm at school?" HA!) I miss begging for toys rather than groceries (when Momma comes to town!)

I am very happy with who I am and my age right now....I just sometimes want to be a kid again and my biggest concern for the day would be whether to play house or school!

3 comments:

Leasa said...

I don't remember you sneaking downstairs to watch Married with Children. :-) This is a very cute post and I feel so nostalgic. I want to go back in time and do it all over again. (until the Chad and Lindsay teenager period)

Tresa said...

I remember how you practically hypervenilated whenever we got near "the Barbie aisle" at Wal-Mart! I haven't thought about the one-handed cartwheel in a long time. I miss those days...when Mal and I would come visit for a week or two in the summer. We had such fun!
Love,
Plumpy

My Life Song Sings For You said...

Actually the other night, James and I were in Wal Mart and James said,"Lindsay, I am very proud of you....you didn't run to the Barbie aisle today." So I still go nuts over the Barbie aisle! HAHA!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online