Friday, March 27, 2009

Kody's Shower

My roommate Kody is getting married July 18Th. And I am very honored to be a bridesmaid for her. We have been talking a lot about the wedding plans and have been collecting ideas from bridal magazines. It has been so much fun! And James and I were just asked to sing and play guitar for her wedding. (Here come the butterflies in the stomach)I'll be fine! But here is my bridesmaid gown:

She has changed her colors a couple of times but for right now all I know is that our dresses are latte brown. Kody said they look really good in person!
Anyway, I wanted her to have a bridal shower with her friends in Valdosta and for her to have a "younger" crowd since I know she will have lots with her family. So I am throwing her a shower on April 18Th. I am really nervous because it is ALL on me! I was kind of hoping James would be there to help before the shower(for decorating and food preparation, etc.) but he will actually be helping film a wedding that day. But this is fine because he will be making money for the Lindsay Wages Engagement Ring Fund! (Donations are always accepted!) HAHA!But I am looking for ideas if you have any!
The shower theme is lingerie I guess. We are doing Spring colors with lots of yellows and pinks! I am making a strawberry champagne punch that looks awesome in my cookbook. I am making strawberry cupcakes. And for "entertainment" I will have a slide show playing that I have made for Jeremy and Kody and we will play "How well do you know the groom?" I will record his answers on my camera and will play them on the t.v. after she answers. If she gets it wrong she will do the whole gum chewing thing. I am also getting her a little scrapbook (kind of borrowing Mallory's shower idea) and people can write a note to Kody and decorate it.Kody also requested that everyone bring a recipe that they like to place in the book since she likes to cook so much! That is about it. If you have any suggestions please make them! Mom and I are going to do a little "trial run" of the food when she comes to visit. April will surely be the busiest and most stressful month yet since it is really my last month of school. April isn't even here yet and I am already counting down the days until it is over!

2 comments:

Tresa said...

The bridesmaid dress is very pretty. You will do a great job with the shower! It sounds like you have a good plan. Oh and another thing, don't sweat the singing. You have such a beautiful voice!

My Life Song Sings For You said...

Thank you Tresa!

Alrighty now the bridesmaids dresses are champagne instead of latte. That is the final change!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online