Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break

Well my Spring Break is winding down. I can't believe it is over. It flew by so fast! James and I went to Lawrenceville last Friday. I didn't really do too much. I had to get ten hours of observation time at a school so I went to work with mom for a couple of days! That was nice that I could spend a little time with her during the day. I hung out with a couple of friends (James was there as well). I slept in! I ate horribly well! And I saw my grandmother a good amount. It was a good trip. I hated to leave! The weather was kind of cold and rainy, but I didn't mind. My mom and I giggled the whole week. I think my favorite part was the first night I was home. Mom and I went to O'Charley's for dinner and boy was it good! We had the Potato Skins appetizer that was delicious. I had the soup and salad (Loaded Baked Potato soup!) And mom had a salad. So yumnmy! But James and I had to come back to Valdosta early because he had a band thing he had already committed to. He is now in Florida, playing in a band for a youth re-treat and is hopefully bring back $100-250 that will go straight to the bank that will go straight to my engagement ring fund! When he told me about having to come back on Friday I said just don't go on the retreat but when he said he was getting paid I said get your butt in the car! I am a woman on a mission! So we left Lawrenceville yesterday morning at 7 AM and got into Valdosta in time to unload the car, eat lunch, and take a 20 minute nap! We also got to see the horrible mess that James' roommate's girlfriend made in their house. I guess while Joe (James' roommate) was out of town, Penny (his girlfriend) made herself at home because when James and I walked through the door the house was a wreck! I mean there were dirty (nasty) clothes all the way from the "dining room", through the kitchen,and into the laundry room where she had apparently been doing laundry. It was disgusting. And she had food sitting on the counter that was growing mold on it and I am not talking about the beginning stages of rotting food and mold, I am talking you couldn't tell what food it was before it grew the mold! But wait! That's not even the bad part. I walked into the bathroom and what did I find? There was poop smeared all over the toilet. (NO JOKE!) That was it for me. Enough on that subject!

Anyway, I dropped James off and he went on his way to Florida and I made my way to the mall! It was ME time! Everyone just needs a little ME time once in a while. I spent my Belk's gift card on two pairs of earrings and bought a new body spray at Bath and Body Works (also with a gift card). Then grabbed a pizza from Little Ceasars and headed to the apartment. It's actually a funny story about the body spray. James and I were in Bath and Body Works a couple of weeks ago and like every man he was totally bored and begun to "act up". He then began to explore the store and went up to the new oil/candle display. He poked his finger into the oil and didn't know what to do with it so he dabbed his finger on each side of his neck and walked off. It wasn't until later that I found this out when I was cuddling with him and nuzzled my way next to his neck and suddenly smelled something really good. It was James' oil fragrance! I questioned him on his appealing smell and he told me the story. So now I have that fragrance (Butterfly Flowers is what it is called). I just hope is smells as good on me as it was on him!

It was a good Spring Break. I needed a break from the stresses of school and crime. Plus I did major laundry! I wish the break was just starting!

3 comments:

Leasa said...

I wish your break was just starting too. I miss you- A LOT!
I love you!

sweetlittlelife said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice time. I hope your last few weeks of the semester fly so you can be home again for the summer! Have a good week!

Tresa said...

I'm glad you had such a nice spring break, although I know anytime you go home, it's a good thing.

About the ring...YOU GO GIRL!!! (you cracked me up)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online