Thursday, February 5, 2009

Prayer



I love the Willow Tree Angels. They make me smile and each remind me of something important or special. I don't have this one, but I really like the Prayer Angel because it is so simple yet powerful.

As I was cleaning my room tonight I started talking to God about everything going on in my life and what I feel I needed to change. Tonight at my bible study we talked about confession and my first reaction was to point my finger at all the people I knew sitting in there. There has been a lot of things going on inside the Wesley house that I see as very hypocritical and just plain annoying. So as I sat and told myself how happy I was that these people could hear this message, I didn't take myself into consideration. It did not hit me until later on tonight while I was chatting with God that I realized that I related to that message too. Now I'm not saying my confession is sex or stealing but I should probably keep more of my opinions of other people to myself and be a better example than making judgments on others. And I haven't prayed as much as I should. I'm so busy with my plans and things to do, I have neglected to ask what I should do. I was doing a daily devotional and somehow that has stopped. I need to get my spiritual life back on track! And I will. Prayer is good. It clears my mind and brings calmness to my life. Why don't I do it all the time? I have no clue!

2 comments:

sweetlittlelife said...

The times when I feel hopeless, down, discouraged, cranky, and unhappy are the times when I've let my prayer time slip away. So many times, I think that I don't want to feel that way, yet I don't want to put the effort forth to pray. It's crazy because the blessings that come when I am working hard spiritually are amazing.

I'm praying for you!

Beautiful~Mallory said...

kinda wish i would have read your blog before i wrote mine....but it sure isnt easy, but you will definetely be in our prayers....and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online